World Missions and Local Outreach
It is the focus of Friendship to proclaim God’s Word with power and integrity, to nurture and teach members for discipleship, and to encourage servant (or shepherding) leaders in order to build up and release and unleash the church as a whole a strong and effective body of stewards and servants in God’s kingdom. It is in this manner within our established and new areas of missions and outreach, as the Spirit leads, we will establish our vision “to build up a holy, growing, witnessing Christian community of believers and their children; so that God may be glorified.”
The gospel message is universal as well as local. Friendship has a heart for our community and the world at large. Efforts and involvement include the following:
- CRC World Missions support — with emphasis toward disaster relief
- San Bernardino City Mission food support, holiday toy drive, and other activities
- The Talking Bibles
- The Gideon International Fontana camp support
- Lee family, CRC missionaries in Mexico
- Home of New Beginnings in Thailand, support and December missionary effort
- City and Inland Empire outreach participation including — Fontana’s National Day of Prayer Community Prayer Breakfast
- Mission efforts world-wide through the CRC, updated seasonally in the ServiceLink Spotlight.
Short-term mission trip? Opportunities for youth? Unique ways to use your skills? Serving close to home? Recruiting volunteers at church? CRCNA agencies have a variety of opportunities to fit one’s gifts, interests and budget.
There are endless opportunities to serve in these areas and expand our reach to those in need. As we team together into backyards and across oceans, we sow and show Christ to a needy and hurting world.