Friendship’s Mission, Vision and Core Principles
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you”
Every church should have a mission and a vision as to how it will accomplish its mission. Indeed, a church without them will soon find itself drifting in a directionless spiral and perhaps become irrelevant to the community it serves.
At Friendship Community Church, our mission is simple: to continue the work begun by the Lord Jesus as he articulated in the gospel of Luke: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed” (4:18)
Like our mission, our vision is also simple and clear: “Reach, Teach and Unleash” – which means in a practical sense: “To reach unbelieving families of Fontana and its neighboring cities with the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ; to enfold the unchurched into a fellowship of believers, and to disciple them unto maturity; in order to build a holy, growing, witnessing Christian community of believers and their children; So that God may be glorified”
Our Core Values:
Finally, it is our core values that guide us as we work to carry out our vision and they are our guiding principles that keep us focused as we strive to fulfill our mission:
- No Bible, No Hope – We believe you cannot know God without the Bible. You cannot please God without the Bible. That’s why we study it, memorize it, read it, and teach it in-depth.
- Worship Is a Verb – When you sense the presence of God, you just can’t just sit there. That’s why we sing, clap, bow down, and cheer for God.
- The Heart of Our Message: Sovereign Grace – We are aligned with that Christian movement that believes that God is in control of everything, even the way you came to this church, and how you came to believe in Jesus Christ. You are not here by accident. You are part of a grand master plan.
- God Is Color Blind – Notice we are pretty mixed. That is because our common faith in Jesus Christ miraculously makes us friends whether we’re rich or poor, Black or White, young or old.
- Guests First – We love everyone. But guests go first just because they are guests. Old-timers already know their way around.